Hannah Breslin from Student Careers and Employability at UAL, formerly SEE
- visit the website (http://www.arts.ac.uk/student-jobs-and-careers/) for information on careers, artstemps, creative opportunities, own-it and artquest.
- jobs advertised and offered by UAL are always paid – they don’t believe in people working for free. The Graduate Internship Scheme helps companies hire graduates by paying half their internship wages.
- 16th-20th November is Enterprise Week
- Mead Scholarships and Fellowships – £10,000 can be awarded as a fellowship to graduates, who can apply for 2 years. They are flexible about what the money can be spent on, they just look for well thought out ideas and committed people. Deadline in April 2016.
- Artquest.org.uk is useful for how-to guides, information and opportunities
- In December there will be a Wimbledon specific Employability series for info on hob hunting, CV building etc.
- A huge part of an artist’s practise is admin and the most successful artists are ones that accept this early on
- DACS, A-N, Carrotworkers Collective – useful sites