- Marcus Coates, How we work now
- Victoria Lupton from How to work together – a new model for collaboration
- Andrew Grassie and Silvia Baumgart, on copyright. Artquest, ownit.
- Frazer Muggeridge, graphic designer
- Nick Kaplony, art and value
- Max Dovey, ptbm graduate on post-grad learning.
Group Discussion on expectations for the degree show:
- to get noticed by galleries/collectors/big-wigs
- a debut – the start of something rather than the end
- a chance to be more professional and ambitious, put into practise everything we’ve learnt over the degree and make something to be proud of
- we need to work together well!
- need to take responsibility for ourselves and be aware of deadlines etc
- group show mentality – co-operation and support. Not just an exhibition with lots of individual pieces, but a coherent, well curated show.
E-publication for the catalogue:
- Ling explained the model of an e-publication for the degree show catalogue that would entice people to come to the event – new and exciting.
- in the e-book you can embed videos and links. The e-book itself can be embedded on people’s websites.
- cheaper option!! Last years catalogue was too expensive, not the greatest quality and had lots of issues
- There could be i-pad points where people can access the catalogue at the show, or can download it. Option of free wifi for the night.
- Also looked at examples of pathway-specific printed material, so people can take away something physical as well