Notes for film screening at csm:
- Strangelove moving image festival over a week at csm. Brings together students and practitioners to exhibit together as equals
- Essay film about memory: collective memory and identity through history and storytelling . Community.
- Taskafa is a portrait of the city told through the lives of its many street, dogs, cut with extracts of John Berger reading from his novel King which is about street dogs. Interviews with residents/experts/down and outs/everyone
- Draws together myths, facts, urban legends and tales
- Andrea gave a q&a at the end which was really interesting
- Immersive kind of style, no voice over, purely people talking on the street. Left in interesting moments such as when a man is talking to the camera and gets a phone call, takes it, and then continues talking.
- Lots of lively characters.
- Zimmerman walked round all day and chance encounters make up the footage.